Atta / Fresh flour is seen in every house in India. From getting atta from a nearby chakki to buying packaged atta from a general store a customer shift has been seen. But you know what during this shift one thing has been compromised on, that is its freshness. As earlier people used to buy grains and used to get them grounded from nearby mill resulting into a freshly grounded atta. But as time passed by mills as well started getting lesser as people didn’t have time so instead they shifted to packaged products.
As packaged products takes time to reach customers from the time it’s made and until its consumption chemical and preservatives are added to increase their shelf life. Let’s have a look at both Fresh Atta as well as Packaged Atta and find out which one is good for you.
Stone Grinding Method
The best Chakki Atta is prepared through the traditional grinding process. There are several advantages to stone – ground wheat flour. Only whole grain stone-ground flour is sure to contain the grain components – endosperm, bran, and germ remain in their natural, original proportions.
When the stones grind slowly, the wheat germ is not exposed to excessive temperatures, germ oil is evenly distributed and as a result, rancidity does not develop as quickly as it would be it ground by steel roller-mills.
Stone-ground flour is preferred by many because of its texture, its sweet nutty flavor, and its nutritionally superior nature.
Roller mills Vs Stone Grinding
- Chakki fresh Atta is milled with a stone ground process that grinds slowly and stays cool. The high speed rolling and hammering flour mills generates excess heat that “kills” the nutrients of flour.
- Industrial flour mills break and separate the bran, wheat germ, produce white flour and then add them back to produce whole wheat flour. This process does not allow the mingling of the endosperm and wheat germ oil.
- Whole wheat flour produced by commercial milling of wheat kernel is also referred as berries. The process involves the breaking of bran that locks and protects all the nutrients of kernel. Then the middling is removed and finally, most essential wheat germ is removed.
- Wheat germ and wheat germ oil is highly nutritious and composes 90% of nutritional value in a wheat berry. The wheat germ oil has no shelf life and it quickly turns rancid. The wheat germ oil is removed from all commercial flours available in the market as per government regulations.
- Milling temperatures of 60oC and above completely destroy vitamins in the flour. Typically, roller-based flour mills reach temperatures of up to 90oC while processing flour compared to 40-60oC in a stone ground chakki.
- Stone ground fresh flour is always the first choice owing to its lovely flavour and fibrous texture. When compared to roller-milled flour, especially when from hard wheat, Stone-milled flour is relatively high in thiamine.
Wheat Chakki Atta has many health benefits: It contains Vitamin B, dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, and prevents weight gain. Adding Whole Wheat Chakki Atta as simple substitutions in your eating routine helps you receive the healthful reward without giving up the nourishment.
Now you know what’s good for you, so what are you waiting for? You can simply visit our store or place an order through our website and get your freshly grated atta. We are looking forward to serve you soon :).